Saturday, August 15, 2015

Welcome!


Welcome First Graders!

Hi Families!
Welcome to my classroom blog. I am so excited to welcome a new group of First Graders on September 1. I can't wait to meet them all, as well as all of you! I try to update this blog at least once a week. I will also be starting a private classroom FaceBook page. This will be a quick way to notify you of events or important information as well as another place to post pictures of the great things happening in our class, and I will update that page more frequently. For now, if you would like, you can become  a "follower" of this blog and you should receive emails when I update with a new post. I look forward to hearing from you! If you have a chance, send me an email to say hello before school starts! jhargrave@plymouth.k12.ma.us. If it gets sent back to you, please try my old email jmorgan@plymouth.k12.ma.us. 

Supplies:
Below are some supplies that you might want to get your child. Please email me with any questions!
*You do not need to purchase any folders at this time as each child will be given a special (and important) O.W.L. Binder. There will be a post with detailed information about these OWL Binders on the blog in the next few days.
*1 backpack that can easily fit a 1 inch binder (non-rolling please)

*1 plastic pencil box ( I really like the plain colored plastic ones from Michael's that are $1!!!)

*pencils

*crayons (no more than 24 - the pencil box must be able to shut easily)

*glue sticks (2 or 3 to start)

*Child scissors are optional as I do have some for the classroom.

Please have all supplies already taken out of their wrapping/cardboard boxes and put right into the pencil box ready for use on the first day.

Keep in mind that some of these supplies will need to be replenished throughout the year. Each table group will also have community supplies (crayons, pencils, scissors, glue) that they are able to use should they run out of their own.

No comments:

Post a Comment